InternPrep considers the protection of privacy to be of utmost importance, whether you’re a free member or a paid subscription member.
We are committed to providing you with a personalised service that meets your requirements in a way that safeguards your privacy. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us.
This policy explains how we may collect information about you and use it in order to satisfy your particular requirements. It outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do.
This policy was last updated 04 April 2015.
Collection of information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. This includes when you:
- agree to take a service from us. This may include your name and contact details
- contact us with an enquiry, or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences.
Use of information
What we will do
We may use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- Assisting to identify you when you email us to make an enquiry.
- Responses to enquiries from you
- Administration and contact about improved administration of any accounts, services and products provided by us previously, now or in the future
- Contacting you by any means (including email,telephone or text messages) about other services or products, where we think you would appreciate receiving an offer from us
- Carrying out marketing analysis and profiling and creating statistical and testing information
What we won’t do
We will not:
- Send you communications that you do not expect to receive as part of your relationship with us
- Disclose your personal information (unless authorised to do so)
- Sell/rent contact information lists to parties who are not part of our business
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect your personal information. This includes certain procedures such as encrypting data on our websites and compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
When you provide personal information online it is protected by encryption, so it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the internet between your browser and our server. The encrypted data is transmitted using a 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
Access to personal information
The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to access and correct personal information held by us. Your information is held securely and will not be disclosed to any other person or organisation unless authorised by you. To query or access any personal information we hold, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you communicate with us over the internet, we may use email to contact you about our services and products. Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as by email or through webmail applications, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered. This is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We may use ‘cookies’ to monitor website traffic patterns and site usage: a small piece of information stored on your computer so that the next time you visit we can customise the options available to you. The information gathered does not personally identify you.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can change your computer settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. Please be aware that rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services on our website.
We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done for:
- identifying improvements the service which we provide
- ensuring compliance with our practices and procedures
- situations where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means, to provide evidence of the transaction.
Credit card details
When you pay INTERNPREP using a credit card online or by phone, your personal information and credit card details are not stored by INTERNPREP.
INTERNPREP free and paid members agree to abide by the above rules.
The Member understands that the information provided may be used by the INTERNPREP for administrative purposes and for the purpose of providing the Member with information relating to products and services from time to time.
This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner has further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.